2019 is my year!




Helloooo 2019! I have been waiting for this year for what seems like forever. 2018 kicked my butt! I went from working a full time corporate job with one kid to being a SAHM with 2 kids. My photography business got put on the back burner for a good part of the year and it suffered. By the time I got my stride and my creative mind back it was already fall, and it was too late. I had a handful of really great commercial shoots this past year and started reconnecting with my local clientele again but I felt it. It was not the same as previous years. It just felt...different. November hit and as I wrapped up all of my editing for the year I began to think about what I could do to better my business and myself for 2019.

My photography is one of my main focuses for this year. I always say there is room for growth, room for improvement. There should never be a point in your business where you think you know everything. This year I will do something every single day to make my business better. Blogging is something on my to do list. Education is another. I have purchased some courses from another very successful photographer in hopes of gaining some useful knowledge to better my path. Practice makes perfect! I am starting a 365 day series to document my children and their everyday life. I think that this will be a fun way to introduce photography in my every day motherhood routine. Connecting with my followers is another one on my list.  If you follow me on Instagram you will be "seeing" more of me in stories and live posts. This year is all about putting myself out there. I want to get new clients and learn new techniques, start working with bigger companies and maybe try food photography. Anything is possible and this year I am completely motivated!

After giving my body a good year off from having a baby I have also become motivated to start focusing on me and what I need to live my best life. Being healthy is something I want to get back to doing. I worked out and took care of myself my whole life and after having kids it just got harder to find the time and motivation to keep up with it. This year I want to try a new workout every month. I want to learn that a meal isn't eating your kids leftover lunch. I cannot continue to drink coffee and Red Bull like its water. Its time to cut the fat...as they say.

So 2019, here I am! I'm ready to hit the ground running and hope that by this time next year all of my hard work will have something to show for. Cheers to a new beginning!


xx
Qiana

Comments

Popular Posts